When you die you will leave behind an estate. Your estate will consist of everything you own, including personal and real property as well as tangible and intangible assets. All of you property and assets must be accounted for and eventually be transferred to you legal heirs or designated beneficiaries.
Topics covered in this report include:
- What Is Probate?
- Is the Probate Process the Same in All States?
- Is There an Alternative to Formal Probate?
- Testate vs. Intestate Estates
- What Is the Difference between an Executor and a Personal Representative?
- What Happens during Formal Probate?
- How Long Does Probate Take?