The reality though is that you do have a right to know when you should expect your inheritance. The problem is that there are so many factors that can influence the time it will take before estate assets can be distributed it may be difficult to provide you with an accurate timeline. Consulting with the estate planning attorney representing the estate is the best way to get a general idea of how long it will take before assets can be released from the estate. In the meantime, it may help you to understand the probate process better and the factors that will impact how long that process takes.
Topics covered in this report include:
- What Is Probate?
- What Type of Probate Will Be Required?
- Does Your Inheritance Consist of Probate Or Non-Probate Assets?
- Did the Decedent Leave Behind a Valid Last Will and Testament?
- Has Anyone Challenged the Will?
- Does the Estate Have Creditors?
- How Valuable Is the Estate?
- Do the Beneficiaries/Heirs Get Along?
- Who Is the Executor?