Whether you are an older individual yourself, or the caregiver or loved one of an elderly person, you likely find yourself in need of reliable, trustworthy community resources on a regular basis. If you live in or around the Geneseo, Illinois area we would like to help you find much needed services, advice, and support by providing the following community resources.
Emergency number are also important to have handy, particularly if you are a senior yourself, or are caring for one, as injury and/or illness tends to occur more frequently as we age.
- Geneseo Police Department – Emergency #911 – Non-Emergency (309) 944-5141
- Henry County Sheriff’s Department – (309) 937-3911
- Poison Control – 1-800-222-1222
The older we get, the more frequent the hospital visits tend to be as the natural aging process takes over our physical bodies. Fortunately, there are a number of hospitals and specialty care centers in the Geneseo, Illinois area, including:
- Hammond-Henry Hospital – (309) 944-6431 offers routine medical care as well as emergency care.
- OSF Saint Luke Medical Center – (309) 852-7500 offers routine medical care as well as emergency care.
At some point, you may find that you, or a loved one, needs more care than can be provided in a home setting. Once the decision has been made to pursue nursing home care, the difficult process of finding the right facility begins. The following nursing homes in the Geneseo, Illinois area offer nursing home, transitional living, and/or long-term care:
- Hillcrest Nursing Home – (309) 944-2147 a non-profit nursing care facility
- Royal Oaks Care Center – (309) 852-3389 “bridges the healthcare gap by offering a variety of care levels for life’s many stages.”
- Kewanee Care Center – (309) 853-4429 “provides excellent nursing care in a healing environment of healthcare professionals.”
Planning a funeral involves making a number of difficult decisions, often during a time when you are grieving the loss of a recently deceased friend or family member. If you find yourself needing to make funeral arrangements, however, it helps to know what options are available in your community. The following funeral homes serve the Geneseo, Illinois community:
- Vandemore Funeral Homes and Crematory – (306) 944-1415 offer to “guide you through the aspects of the funeral service with compassion, dignity and respect.”
- Stackhouse Moore Funeral & Cremation Services – (306) 944-4648 offers to “provide the most options and best value in funeral and cremation care for area families.”
- Rux Funeral Home – (306) 932-2400 “Serving with compassion and understanding, the Rux Funeral Homes have helped families in their time of need for over 40 years.”
- Alternatives for the Older Adult – (309) 277-0167 not-for-profit that provides an in-home alternative to nursing home care.
Assistance and Outreach
Additional resources for the elderly who find they need assistance, support, or simply a place to socialize with their peers in the Geneseo, Illinois area include:
- Henry & Stark County Health Department – (309) 852-0197 provides basic medical care
- Illinois Department of Human Services – (309) 852-5627 provides assistance to low income individuals and families in the form of Food Stamps, Medicaid, and other programs.
- Western Illinois Area Agency on Aging – (309) 793-6800 ensures coordinated, accessible services for older persons to live independent, meaningful and dignified lives.
- Eldercare Locator — 800-677-1116 a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families.
- Illinois Department on Aging – Adult Protective Services – 866-800-1409 conducts investigations and work with older adults in resolving abusive situations.
- Henry County Veteran’s Assistance – (309) 937-3451 provides financial and other assistance to veterans.
Contact a Qualified Illinois Elder Law Attorney for Further Assistance
For additional assistance with elder law issues in the State of Illinois, contact the experienced Illinois elder law attorneys at Nash, Nash, Bean & Ford, LLP by calling 309-944-2188 to schedule your appointment today.