Creating a smart money plan is important for everyone, regardless of how much you earn or what your financial goals are. It is too easy to see your money spent on short-term needs and not to take control of the big picture. Unfortunately, without a plan to grow and to protect your assets, you and the people you love could find yourself in dire financial straits in the future.
A Geneseo, IL financial planning assistance lawyer at Nash Bean Ford & Brown, LLP can help you to make sure you have a solid financial plan in place so you can achieve your money goals and benefit from being financially secure.
There is nothing like the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are making smart choices to achieve financial security. Give us a call today at 800-644-5345 for the personalized advice you need to make your money work for you and to get answers to questions including:
- Why is financial planning so important?
- What kinds of financial planning assistance do I need?
- How can a Geneseo, IL financial planning assistance lawyer help?
Why is Financial Planning So Important?
Financial planning is essential because money often ends up being spent, rather than saved, unless you have a plan for how to invest. You need to be able to put aside funds for your retirement, for college for your children, to purchase a home, and to accomplish other big goals. You also need to make smart decisions on reducing taxes, taking advantage of special types of investment accounts that provide benefits, and protecting the wealth you have acquired.
Whether you are single and will need to have money to provide for your care in your old age; have a spouse or partner you want to take care of; or have children that you want to provide for, you need to ensure you have a plan to achieve your financial goals. With few employers offering pensions and even fewer providing defined benefit plans in today’s world, financial planning has become even more important than ever before.
What Kinds of Financial Planning Assistance Do You Need?
Nash Bean Ford & Brown, LLP provides many different kinds of comprehensive financial planning assistance to people at all income levels. Some of the different things that we can help you with when it comes to making your money work for you include:
- Determining how much to invest: We will discuss your current and future income and money situation so you can determine appropriate investment amounts. We can also help you to set up an automated investment strategy so you pay yourself first and pay yourself automatically to ensure that you save.
- Determining where to put your money. We can assist you in exploring options for investment accounts for college and for retirement which provide you with tax breaks for the money you save. Selecting the right types of accounts which provide tax advantages to you can make it much easier to achieve your financial plans.
- Determining how to protect your money. Saving doesn’t do you a lot of good if you simply lose your assets because you need costly nursing home care or if your assets are lost because of estate taxes or the irresponsibility of your heirs. There are tools, including different types of trusts, which can be used to protect the nest egg you have worked hard to build.
- Determining how to ensure your money is managed. If you have money or investments, you need to make sure your assets can be managed even if you suffer a medical emergency and can no longer act on your own behalf. The use of a power of attorney and/or living trusts can allow you to designate a person who will be in charge of taking care of your assets if you cannot.
- Determining how to make your money into your legacy. We help you to engage in strategic giving and/or to create a comprehensive estate plan.
These are just a few of the many services we provide to help clients make wise use of the money that they work so hard to acquire over the course of their lives.
How Can a Geneseo, IL Financial Planning Lawyer Help?
A Geneseo, IL financial planning assistance lawyer at Nash Bean Ford & Brown, LLP can help you to implement a plan which allows you to do as much as possible with your money. From saving for retirement to taking advantage of tax breaks to protecting your assets, we have the know-how to give you the advice you need on all different kinds of financial matters. Give us a call today at 800-644-5345 or contact us online to learn more.